FireWrap (TM) Insulated BBQ Grill
$ 895.00 $ 995.00
$ 895.00 $ 995.00
Our PATENT PENDING FireWrap (TM) insulated grill is made of 1/8" inner shell, 1" high temperature insulation and 1/8" outer shell. The insulation is completely sandwiched and sealed between inner and outer shells. The grill is 16" OD, 14" ID x 22" outside lenght and 20" inside length. The cooking tray is 14" x 19" long providing 260 sq in of cooking area. The grill can accommodate a 10-15 lb brisket or 12" pizza or three chickens. They are perfect for picnics and small backyard parties. The grill weighs about 110 lb and easy enough to put in a back of truck for tailgating or picnicking.
Since the grill is 100% insulated, it offers excellent heat retention abilities. Our result showed that with one small load of BBQ briquettes, we were able to hold temperature in excess of 700 deg F for 5+ hours. This opens up new possibilities for high temperature cooking, baking & grilling.
Why Insulated BBQ Pit?
There are three things to consider when it comes to heat loss through the bbq grill walls:
- The thickness of the wall,
- The temperature difference between inside and outside of the grill,
- The material used for grill.
Most commercial BBQ grills are made of 14 gauge (0.078” thk) material that is cheaper but results in a significant heat loss. The heat loss happens through the main chamber and lid. 2nd option is Custom BBQ pits that are made of thicker material such 3/8” thk or ¼” thk and offers much better heat retention due to their thicker walls but still they lose tremendous heat. So what is the solution? We have created this pit from ground up keeping heat retention in mind to give you an outstanding BBQ experience.
One way to measure thermal conductivity is BTU/hr-ft-F. This basically means BTUs per hour, in an area measured in feet and in Fahrenheit degrees. The higher the conductivity, the more heat will "transfer" through the material.
AT 250 F, the thermal conductivity of steel is around 30 BTU/hr-ft-F and for high temp insulation is 0.30 BTU/hr-ft-F. It is easy to see that steel is one hundred times a better heat conductor than high temp insulation or the high-temp insulation will offer 100x more heat retention than steel !!
Creating a BBQ Pit that looks like a traditional grill (not a kamado) but offers similar or superior heat retention had its challenges. Our patent pending design offers features like no other grill in the market.
Some of the benefits of our insulated BBQ Pit are:
- Traditional smoker look. You cant beat centuries old barrel design with offset smoker box, air vent and smoke vent.
- More constant temperature inside the chamber. No more hot spots or temperature fluctuations.
- The cooking temperature holds much better to changes in weather. As the heat cannot get out from inside, it cannot get in from outside too, resulting in more constant temperature inside.
- Less tending to the fire required. Heat it for 60 minutes, and it will still be hot 6 hrs later.
- Tremendous savings in wood/charcoal. No more constant tending to fire or adding coal.
- Safety with kids around as the outside of the chamber does not get that hot.
- Longer life of pit due to less paint cracking and rust.